Monday, June 29, 2009

The Day that Got Better.



My Mom is visiting from out of town, and this gave me the opportunity to work on the house without the kids around. I went over with plans to roll out the bedroom ceiling with paint. The problem was when I started to do this ALL OF THE CEILING PAINT WAS STICKING TO THE ROLLER! So I spent the next hour painting the ceiling by hand with a paintbrush. Not exactly fun times. However the day did get better, as I was able to roll out the girl's ceiling, finish priming the trim in their room, put a final joint compound layer on the holes, and then ***JOY*** I got to paint the trim in the master bedroom with real official color. And by color I mean slightly off-white...
And while I was doing all of this, Jared was working on getting the beams installed in the kitchen, which is almost finished.


The first Beam installed.

second beam tied into first
Both Beams completely installed. Wow! I'm so glad we decided to take down that wall between the DR and Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment